Jan 12, 2011

What it means to be a biblical Man/Husband

I was listening to a sermon by a pastor Michael Easley…no not the governor. It is a great checklist for us to measure ourselves against. I've attached a link. I encourage you to listen to this sermon. I've added some Highlights for me below:

One thing he said stood out for me and it is the question "Are you any more like Jesus Christ today than you were when you became a Christian?" If you answer no, you have a problem and need to evaluate your personal walk with Jesus.

I know that when I am not spending enough time in the word…my walk suffers. When my walk suffers…my wife and family and work place suffers. This usually happens when I let me life get so crazy that the enemy starts influencing me to believe its ok to put off my quiet time one day…then one day turns into 2 and before I know it…I haven't even touched my Bible for a week!

DO NOT let anything…I mean ANYTHING stand between you and your relationship with Jesus.
Enjoy!

1. Cultivate your relationship with Christ ALL OF YOUR LIFE! There's no substitute for time in the Word and time in prayer. My relationship with Christ is the pulse of the man I am. Life long process...you never arrive at some destination. The single most loudest voice as a man is "are you growing in Christ and can people see it."

2. Remind yourself you're not just a leader...you need to be the tireless initiator. One of the most powerful aspects of being a husband is being an initiator. Especially when you conflict. Chase your wife and never stop chasing her. Pursue her especially when you conflict.

3. Ephesians 5:25...how do you give yourself up for your wife? Is she more important than you?

4. DATE YOUR WIFE!!! No exceptions.

Here is the LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment