Apr 14, 2011

Fresh Start - Heal My Heart O Lord!

[By Andy Richardson]

I’m going home from the hospital today after receiving emergency heart treatment. God gave me a great medical team who pulled me back from the brink just in the nick of time. They also burned out some nerves in my heart that have been troubling me since birth, so that hopefully, I won’t struggle so much in the future. I thank each of you for your concern and your prayers.

• Ask God to heal your heart today with His love and His grace.

God loves to do heart surgery of the spiritual kind, too. The Psalmist put it this way, “Create in me a clean heart, O Lord, and renew a steadfast spirit in me” (Psalm 51:10). If you are like me, you probably minimize the seriousness of your heart problem, but God doesn’t. He calls it sin. But, the good news is that He wants to heal your heart if you will just let Him. Read His word today, and ask His Spirit to show you where those damaged nerves are in your heart of hearts. As soon as He sets things right again, you will be ready to go home too!

I know that I speak for many people when I say...WELCOME HOME ANDY!

No comments:

Post a Comment